sábado, 4 de julho de 2015

Super Soft White Farmhouse Loaf

 

 

Picture of Perfect Bread - Super Soft White Farmhouse Loaf

Leah00011.jpg

 

This is my go to loaf for.....well nearly everything. It really is perfect, light, fluffy and delicious.

I can add fruit, tomatoes, onion, seeds, honey, whatever I fancy, or just keep it a simple white loaf which is equally tasty. It's taken me a long time to get this right, so I thought I'd share it with you so you don't have to go through the same pain :)

So let's get to the nitty-gritty, here's what you'll need:

  1. Patience
  2. 500g Strong white flour (known in the US as bread flour and 1.1lb for my American cousins. You could use 1lb and drop the water to around 250ml)
  3. 4 heaped teaspoons dry milk powder (I use Tesco Value skimmed milk powder)
  4. 1.5 teaspoons salt
  5. 2 teaspoons sugar
  6. 2 teaspoons baking yeast
  7. 300ml luke-warm water

A bread tin is really handy too - I'm using a 2lb one.

You can knead it by hand, or using a mixer with a dough hook - I'm using a kitchenaid classic as my arthritic hands aren't quite as good as they once were for kneading.

Let's begin....

 

Step 1: Prepare the yeast

Picture of Prepare the yeast

Leah00004.jpg

Grab a mixing jug and fill with 300ml warm water (luke warm)

Measure out the 2 teaspoons of yeast into a mixing jug and give it a stir.

Pop a very small pinch of sugar in with the mixture and 1 last stir around.

Cover with a clean tea towel or similar. While we're waiting for the yeast mixture, proceed to the next step.

After around 10 minutes, the mixture should have a frothy head on it like a good beer (like pic 2). It's ready to use.

 

source: http://www.instructables.com

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Observação: somente um membro deste blog pode postar um comentário.